Sunday, 19 February 2012

Benefit High Beam


I recently got my hands on a smaller version of the Benefit High Beam (The one that came free with a magazine) to try out. I have been looking at it for months but just could not justify buying the full size version for £18.50, especially when i'm not particularly into highlighters. Honestly the small size i have will probably last me long enough anyway as you genuinely only need a small dab to do the job.

High Beam comes packaged in a container which reminds me of the Models Own Nail polish. A circular clear container with a white screw cap and it even comes with a brush similar to nail polishes for easy, accurate application.
The actual product is a pale pearlescent pink which when blended (quite easily may i add) onto the skin turns into a beautiful natural dewy glow, no glitter or shimmer, just a sheen which instantly brightens up your complexion. 
I personally use this by applying tiny dots on my cheekbone, under my brow and occasionally just above my cupids bow.
I have to be honest, this does seem to be a little too light for my skin tone though, which is a more yellow/tan tone, so i think Benefits Moon Beam may have worked better for me with it's warmer tone.

Although i do like this product i would never purchase it at full price, £18.50 is just too much to spend on a highlighter for me. 
Do you own this product? do you rate it or slate it? I have pretty neutral feelings.

Char
xxx

6 comments:

  1. It looks pretty but like you I wouldn't buty it full price I think you can get cheaper alternatives :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you've done the photos, and i got mine from glamour, but i think i'd rather buy an alternative than the full price one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish id picked this when it was in the magazine instead of the stains!:(

    www.rrufflesandlace44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love it but I wouldn't want to dish out £18 on the full sized version! When I run out I'm buying it again at sample size from eBay because it is quite fab :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this product and probably wouldn't spend £18.50 on it. I gave you a blog award chick! http://justtiffeny.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-10th-blog-award-x.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Post, I like the way you have describes tips and methods for blog optimization. Be sure to go on writing. Waiting around for brand new updates.It is actually packed with resourceful facts.Epicuren Tea Tree Lip Balm

    ReplyDelete